Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Stir-fried sweet potato with carrot

I have to admit, for a non-potato fan like me, I sure have a lot more potato-related posts than one can imagine in one week although, this is the last post for the potato buddy.

This is like the potato version for the usual Mengkuang Char (also known as stir-fried jicama); only that the main ingedient of jicama is replaced with the crunchy sweet potato.

A simple dish whereby the two vegetables are sliced and then tossed into the wok and stir-fried.

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Alright, to be fair, I am not going to be biased on this as it would deem really unfair to all the potato-fans out there and that is almost the majority of the population around the world.
I would prefer the jicama version though; and the carrot...the carrot always get to stay, especially when they are crunchy and fresh!:)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christy - I can't believe you're not a big potato fan! It's so yummy... love the simplicity of this dish too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really don't like potatoes?My husband can't live without his feed of potatoes but this recipe is a great substitute.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charles, awww, don't mock me...LOL:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, yes, I really am not:p

    ReplyDelete