Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Curry all the way!

I haven't had a chance to share this particular meal where we had curry at home.
You see, before my MIL pack for her trip to visit my brother-in-law, she bought a few packets of curry powder and before she realized it, she ended up making different curries for the dishes for lunch.

Yeah, we were surprised at the spicy dishes staring at us when we sat down.
Thank goodness, it was not a lot of dishes though, as it was just a small bunch of us.

The reason she started cooking the curry was this culprit

Fish Head Curry
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Not any normal fish head; but grouper head.
I am not really a fan of fish heads, and I never did quite get how people can get so fascinated with a fish head detached from its body. That was a gruesome not to mention uninviting thought and it just made me feel sorry for the poor fish.

Next up was the Curry Shrimps
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
I haven't had this in a while, and I must say it was a very good dish and that I could do with a little spice and curry once in a while.
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
Even my hubby kept going on about how good this would be if we had bread or buns and dip it into the curry or even if we eat the bread with the shrimps.

At last, one curry-less pork roll or Lor Bak as it is known in Hokkien (local Chinese dialect)
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

All the dishes
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Yeah, weather may be hot, the meal's hot, but we could do with a little spice in our life now and then, don't we?

Just make sure there's lots of water around in the house, just in case ;)

16 comments:

  1. omg jealousssss! and here you were, commenting on my fish, when you've got even yummier seafood delicacies here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shu Han, LOL, your fish still looks good, anyway, these are spicy:p
    And, as the old saying goes, the neighbor's grass is always greener...hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one of your photos didn't load for me...the fish head! Maybe I'm glad? I would definitely try these dishes, but my picky family would probably be making pb sandwiches :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very brave to try that fish head curry. That's something I've never been brave enough to order. And aren't you lucky you're having hot weather. Another cold day with plenty of rain and flooding here in Sydney. When will it stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so adventurous! i don't think i would be quite that brace.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the fish head looks a tad frightening...

    ReplyDelete
  7. shrimps are my favourite one, looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had fish head curry....
    but have never made it...
    i would love to try these...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds very interesting! Fish head curry certainly would have a very strong flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizzy, Oh, I didn't take the fish head, I am never interested in fish head, LOL!:P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hotly Spiced, oh, seriously, I really didn't attempt to try the fish head nor the curry, as I don't like fish head nor the hot taste of the curry at all:p
    Hehehe, guess we are always never satisfied with what we have, I would love the rain and the cold weather that you have...with the constantly hot weather we have here, and it is really humid:p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, LOL, I am not THAT brave either:p

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Yum List, yup, the fish head looks that really:p

    ReplyDelete
  14. saffronstreaks, i love shrimps too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reem, hehehe, I think my MIL said it is not too difficult to make, with the help of the ready made curry powder combination;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cass, hahaha, yes, because the strong flavor can help to mask the fishy smell :p

    ReplyDelete