Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Pre-Christmas and Anniversary Dinner

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!:D

I haven't been updating my blog for some time and I have so much to blog about and the pics as well!!

Anyway, I am sure everyone is looking forward to Christmas celebration sharing and therefore I will postpone those other food blogging and concentrate on mostly Christmas stuffs first;)

Let's go back to last week; the Week before Christmas:)
It was an anniversary cum Pre-Christmas dinner I had with DearDear and we went to Dorsett Regency in town to try out their buffet dinner which was priced at a rather reasonable price (compared to the other hotels). Since I didn't want to spend too much, I reckoned this will be a good experiment:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Priced at RM38 per person, the buffet offers an international spread. I find the choices rather limited for me; but for the price, that would be the variety:p
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Over the salads and appetizers table, one can expect the usual vegetable offers such as lettuces, cabbage, sweet corn, peas, beans, dressing, etc.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

My favourite of all time, steamed sweet corn
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Steamed chickpeas and salad
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

We started off with a hot bowl of Seafood Chowder; or rather, Dear brought me this with heaps of fish chunks, shrimps and squids with vege.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
It was creamy (I can't take creamy stuffs) but I must say the seafood portions were really neat:)

Vegetables and salad
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Grilled mackerel, dim sum (dumplings) and the bottom right were fish.
The ones wrapped (like little turnips) were actually smoked salmon with celeries and below it were the smoked tuna chunks.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Slightly salty but still nice:D

Fruits
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

This was a jelly pudding; but the jelly was more of Jell-O substance and was not soft and tangy like our usual jelly.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Rather unique and interesting taste:D

DearDear made a bowl of Mixed Ice (Ice Kacang aka ABC) with grass jelly, red bean, sweet corn and cendol for me:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Nothing spectacular about the Ice Kacang here:p
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

More desserts (Cakes)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Since I don't like nor take cakes, Dear sampled their different pastries such as the Walnut Slice.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Banana Crumble
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

For Citibank Card Members, we even enjoyed a 20% Discount for our meal!!
Total bill was only about RM65++ after the discount:)

We enjoyed the nice decorations they had at the hotel lobby

I always had a soft spot for Gingerbread House:p
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Here's to wishing everyone a Merry little Christmas!!:D
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment