Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Breakfast..

Mum and dad bought my fave rice cakes from the Teochew Uncle at the market the day before I came back since the first of the lunar month falls on Friday; collides with the Winter Solstice festival:) Actually I also bought some myself from Penang....the 2 on top in pink were those I got from Penang and the one on the bottom was the old favourite from the uncle in the market.
Hmmmm.....it used to be really good; he started out selling these cakes using a small basket and only come to the market twice a month; on the 1st and 15th of the Lunar month respectively:)
Then his business got better and he started receiving orders.....and then now, he's takes pre-orders or otherwise you need to be there very early to get these rice cakes.
Anyway, sad to say, I think his quality plummeted along with the rising of his fame; hmmmm...guess it tallies huh:p
And this is dad's nasi lemak....the local Malaysian favourite breakfast.....oooo..the sambal looks HOT!!:P


No comments:

Post a Comment