Sunday, January 07, 2007

Be-earlieth Birthday with Family

During my recent trip home to KL for Christmas, my family decided all of a sudden to have a be-earlieth birthday celebration with me.
Mum was the one who initiated the suggestion and I was like...huh, isn't that too early?
Mum: Nolar...you are not around here anyway...so pitiful so let us celebrate with you first before you go back lar....anyway, it's only a week or so to your birthday....
Okay...so, I just went along with it...although it was like...just not right...still felt it was too early:p
Yeah, I appreciate their intentions...haha...just one of my normal ramblings or picky comments on things lar...I have weird perks ....
Bro had the fun of planning the place and he was rather taken aback by the sudden notice...
Bro: Wahlau..how to plan lar? You are quite picky somemore...don't eat this and that....how can I figure out what and where to eat within such a short notice?
PickyEater: Okay...no worries...let's just celebrate another time lar...hehe
(*Never gives up*)
Well, in the end, despite their secrecy and no-surprise plan, they brought me to this place in Metro Prima; the Milwaukee Steak Corner.
I have read a couple of reviews about this place from some other food bloggers and even my uncle has been here before...*sighs* and this was our first visit despite staying near the place...okay, probably not that near but still within the region's vicinity anyway:p
Also, somehow I knew it that they will bring me here...just call it some instinct/hunch or plain familial ties kind of telepathy...haha...so in the end, turns out to be no surprise to me as well:p
Milwaukee....some kind of steak corner
Catering services available as well...
So, we went into the restaurant and *whistles*, I was surprised and impressed by the Western inspired interior decorations and design.....not bad...in fact it had such a nice and impressive ambience and natural environment...felt serene...
This was enhanced with those natural and wooden furnitures and decor items they have around the place....we came in and I crossed that little wooden bridge *smiles*
It was also sort of a restaurant/bar environment :)
We sat next to this fish pond....
The koi fish in the pond
The racks....of red wine...alcoholic drinks :)
Bottles and displays of mock food:)
This aquarium contains ain't no ordinary fish....it is actually a baby shark in it....darn, missed it when I clicked on the button...it has swum towards the far left...bummer:(
The kitchen.....we can see them!:)
Me....hehehe:) Dark loomy atmosphere....
Soon the waitress came to serve us...with a smile...now that's what I call by service..such an eminent contrast from the other Wong Kee's sullen and sulky waitress.
She was really nice; and kept smiling at us each time she talks or comes to our table....really makes the day of the customers...pleasant:)
Mum started to notice that most of the items were deep-fried or fried and she worried about me....PickyEater....anyway, we made our orders and had a short banter while waiting for our food and drinks to arrive.
Bro's Honeydew Juice...rather bland....
My Soursop Juice...not bad...shared this with Mum:)
Look at me...enjoying it.....in the dark atmosphere....hehe
How was it?
Turn on the flash and peace....good...very sour-soppy...hahaha...and it had a couple of chunks of my fave soursop....yeayy...so yumz...:) Mum liked it as well....but one thing...very sweet lar...diabetic:p
Now for the food.....
Our Fish & Chips (Mum and me always have this frenzy for Fish & Chips when we first patronize a western restaurant...haha, Mum says it's the biggest varitation compared to those you get in normal coffee shops...and it determines their quality:)
As for me, well, being PickyEater and a great fan of fish, need I say more....
Hard to take the pic of this....all of them came out so blurred...this was the only acceptable one...
Okaylar...a little too oily and also very crispy...too crispy and deep fried for me....can't really finish it....:P
This is Chicken Maryland....with an additonal compliment of Banana Fritter....BIG banana...basically Pisang Goreng....hehe, Dad said it was not bad....
The sauce was actually black pepper sauce....hmmmm...I thought Black pepper sauce is for Black Pepper Sauce and Maryland is served with another type of sweet sauce? Beats me:p
Probably ran out of sauce...Dad mentioned it was so-so only....
Lastly, Bro's order...and also what I initially thought of...(haha, Great Minds think alike:p )...
Seafood Tempura......an assortment of Fish fillet/steak, 2 Prawn fillets and 2 big scallops and also 2 huge calamari.....RM16.90....wow, this must be the best of the lot.....
Bro was so kind to spare me the taste of the scallops and calamari...thanks Bro, you are the best....
The total bill was about Rm52++.....okaylar...but the next day, we all woke up with dry throats...*sighs*
Hehehe...but thanks my dear Mummy, Daddy and Bro for the family birthday celebration...you will all be on my mind on the actual day itself:)
And special thanks to Daddy for paying the bill...hahaha....
Oh ya, where's my present ler??:p

No comments:

Post a Comment