Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Birthday Eve at Manila:)

Yeahhh....I still have plenty of posts from my Christmas KL trip....on this PickyEater's eating notes and menus each day....sigh....still loads on unposted.
However, since PickyEater's day is coming (her favourite day and most important day of the year); therefore, PickyEater hereby paused the posting from KL trip and post on her pre and birthday celebrations....
Today is the birthday eve...my good friend decided to celebrate with me....hehe...and we wanted to watch a movie but then just ended up with dinner:p
We went Western today....in Le Manila Cafe in Gurney Plaza....
I initially thought that they serve lots of chicken as according to my pal, the Filipinos love poultry...but turns out, they are sort of a deli cafe...rather sweet and dainty...they serve cakes and also pretty decent meals for a reasonable price:)
Nice place...no one was inside (seems like they prefer to sit on the streets out in the open air oogling at people...hehe, my naughty assumption:p)
So, this is what we had....
My drink...the Fresh Fruit Combination which consists of Orange, Carrot and Lemon...yummy, all my favourite. I forgot what this healthy mixture of the concoction was for...:p
And this was the Mango Crush...basically just Mango blended with ice...so tasted rather bland. That's why I didn't order that....:p
And they served us the starters; bread and butter....nice way of putting the butter..using the lettuce leaves. We both left them untouched...don't wanna be too full before the main course...and my friend was telling me that he wondered why Westerners like to start off with bread before the main course...they are filling...won't that affect the appetite and how are they going to enjoy their course meal with a half-full stomach?:P
Beats me...
He ordered the Grilled Salmon Steak with Lemon and Dill....I wanted to order this as well...hehe...but oh well, it tasted not bad and quite a large serving for RM21.90
And this is mine, the Sauteed Snapper fish with Cajun Spices.....basically plain black pepper sauce...but I am sure that the fish was not fried or grilled and was just charbroiled.
However, the flesh was rather hard....overcooked.
But overall...the food was not bad...total bill came up to about RM65.09.....inclusive of taxes and service charges which was almost 10%....sigh....
Not bad...will come back again...and they gave us a free Cake voucher...but only valid for the next visit.
When I looked at the voucher, I was thinking it is one whole cake but was told that only 1 slice....hey, no fair...it did state Get 1 CAKE free...when you refer to cake, don't you refer them as a whole cake rather than a slice?
If you meant a slice, then be specific in stating 1 pc or 1 slice... makes sense right?
I know it makes sense to be logical and use our common sense....but hey, be clear in your communication...I still think it meant 1 whole cake....
Anyway...nice birthday eve dinner....almost on par as last year's The Ship...hahaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment