Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Yoke Fook Mun

I went down to KL last weekend for a short day trip to visit my uncle...if you have been reading my blog, you will know about my uncle:)
*Sorry guys, I had no time to meet up with all of you:(

Okay, we travelled pretty early and as usual, we will drop by Ipoh town for breakfast....for dim sum at one of our preferred restaurants:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Heading towards Ipoh town...this was real early:)

Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Light dawned upon us as we reached the town area and nearer to our dim sum:D
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Reaching the junction to turn in...turn left:D
You can't miss this big penguin;)

Bridal shops....and also some old time kopitiams
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Our dim sum....
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

The famous prawn dumplings (Har Gao)...RM3.50...
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Notice I used prawn and not shrimp:p They are really big and tasty:D
And the skin is just not too thick....this is how har gao should be!;)
Do it right and you qualify as a dim sum master:D

Fishballs....
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Contains meat!! Yikes...luckily it was tasted before I took my bite...

And this is another prawn dumpling; the Har Mai (Rm3.50)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Also nice:)

It's an old running dim sum restaurant; pretty famous in Ipoh after Foh San (the old time brand for Ipoh folks).
If you come on weekends; expect to wait for at least 30 mins and also anticipate a hustle environment:p

No comments:

Post a Comment