Monday, December 11, 2006

Fluffy Little White Cakes

Yoo hoo....these are the little white cakes...fluffy ones:)
I like these....pretty nice and they are actually known as Little Bowl Cakes (direct translation from Hokkien).
Man, these kuehs are really hard to find.....despite being in a highly populated Chinese community.
I'd have thought it is only hard to find in KL; but then again there are different variants of the kuehs; there's also the flourry ones in pink but that depends on the occasion.
I found these in the Perak road market; which was quite near my grandma's place- which explains why I know where to get them:p
On normal occasions, you can find these kuehs on the 1st and 15th of the lunar month. I usually get the pink and slightly larger ones during those times....as they usher in the full moon on each month, you should be able to see most of the stalls mushrooming on the sides of the roads everywhere selling flowers, cakes and fruits for the worshipping of the deities.
As for these kuehs, I can get them on a daily basis (with the exception of the Mondays and Tuesdays) and sometimes, they are also more on an availability basis as these were homemade by the man's mother who was selling the kuehs.
I get these on weekends....really fresh, soft, and fluffy...hehe....the life story of the little bowl cakes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment