Thursday, October 02, 2008

Spending RM30 in Starbucks

What do you do when you have 3 RM10 Starbucks vouchers you got from your company for an award?

..................

You wait until the very date of the expiry to use it!
Oh my, we are such hilarious people, we kept on reminding ourselves that it's time to spend it before it expires and still, we kept it until the very last minute...well, at least it was finally used up!

So what did we do with RM30?
Considering that a Tall cup of blended coffee or even their Tazo tea costs approximately RM10, it's really not such a huge amount after all, you know:)

And so, off we went, to Starbucks in Gurney Hotel and stood there for a few minutes, while the waiters and waitresses annoyingly and continuously asking us, "Anything to order, mam?"

Hmmmm...do we look like we work in Starbucks?
What's your menu for?
Have you not met an indecisive customer before?


Well, after a few good minutes standing there and look like we are learning to read from the menu (not to mention the continuous "Anything for you, mam?" [S] thrown at us), yeah, we just used the RM30 and an additional RM2.05 for these:

Tall Chocolate Cream Chip Blended (RM13.50)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Frothy on the outside, very chocolatey on the inside (this is not mine....remember I don't like chocolate? Yeah, I am one crazy gal!)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

The usual me will always go for the Raspberry Blackcurrant blended with Tazo tea but because I ALWAYS do that, I decided to opt for something different.
The Mango Passion Fruit with Tazo tea Tall (RM11.50)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Actually I don't like mango either, I am kinda allergic to it...
But did I mention I ALWAYS order the other drink? (Any hint needed to spell B-O-R-E-D?)
So here I am, with this new brightly colored drink in my hand
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

The drink wasn't that bad, and I don't think they used natural mango anyway...:p
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Icey on the outside...so fake mango-ey on the inside...
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Since we have another 5 bucks to spare, we opted for this Blueberry Danish for RM5.50
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
And forgot that Starbucks is taxing us, so out we came with the RM2.05 for the total
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
They heated it in a microwave for us, and it had a very 'buttery' and 'Danish' aroma when they put it in the paper bag
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Not too bad, the filling was with blueberry, which is what I like:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

So, if you have any cash vouchers to spend on, you know who to look for *SMILES*

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:36 AM

    haha, i am exactly the same as u!! also wait until last minute to use it. the difference is, my RM30 voucher is from coffee bean instead of starbucks, and i went to Queensbay Mall instead of Gurney! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear, tat reminds me of my RM60 Starbucks vouchers... i hope they are not expiring soon :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. most b ppl like me..i spoil the market bcoz i knw exactly wat to order the second i walk to the counter hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm.....good treat ya, I'll spend a day with you too in Starsbuck :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha allen, it's a contagious disease isn't it? Or should I just say our typical lifestyle of procrastination:p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and allen, how ironic that we went to both end of the island!~
    LOL!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ling239, faster faster...use it up!~ Else, you will be left with some junk paper....hehehe...
    Need any suggestion?:D *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aiks....bad boy you Joe!!! Party pooper...the best part is about being able to stand there and read from the menu slowly then decide...:p

    Hahaha...just kidding, I kinda think that's a good thing, unlike indecisive ppl like me hor....:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Shionge, when when? I am UPPPPPP for it!!!
    Hahaha...how to spend your vouchers in Starbucks 101:D

    ReplyDelete