Sunday, November 04, 2007

Birthday Celebration at Secret Recipe

Another of my colleague's birthday celebration and I was once again, the party organizer:)
This round, we were planning on Secret Recipe since the birthday girl actually has a soft spot for the food there.
Only problem was, we bought the birthday cake from elsewhere as the cakes in Secret Recipe were too large for our small group.
We brought the cake in anyway though although we were doubtful they'll allow us to celebrate there; but another colleague, said that we have our customer rights to bring our cake in:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

My Lemon Frosty Drink :)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Pretty frosty and icy cold!

Hot Chocolate
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

The rest had their Iced Lemon tea which came with the set lunches
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Brownies
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Weirdly though, this was supposed to be the dessert but somehow it ended up as the appetizer...
Really rich as commented by my colleagues who had them (came along with the set lunches)

They gave us Oreo bars
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Our first group pic
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

True enough, one of the waiter approached us and asked whether we are gonna cut the cake in there and told us that it was against their policy.
Our colleague braved it and asked him whether he wanted us to leave by making that statement and that are we not allowed to have lunch in Secret Recipe by bringing in other cakes.
The staff was clearly scared and told us that it was just against their rules and that we can bring it in but would hope that we don't cut it there.
My colleague was pissed that they were putting on this and annoy customers of their rights.
Technically, I do understand from Secret Recipe's point of view, but also at the same time, I must say that they do need leniency as they are not just a bakery but also an eatery and they need to accept the other rules that came along with that.
It's a chicken-egg situation I know...enough said.

My colleague's Vegetarian Soba
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Everyone's digging into their lunches...
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Sorry, I was a little shy to snap the pics of everyone's food:p

Side pic of Sean's Black Pepper Chicken with rice
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

CH's Beef Lasagna
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

My Pan Fried Dory Fish with Lobster Sauce
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
The sauce was too thick and creamy for my liking...I didn't really like it:(

The Blueberry birthday cake:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
A sweet hue of violet:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

A group photo!
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

A funky one:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Birthday gal gotta do the cutting of the cake (in one of the training classrooms that 3 of our colleagues were attending upstairs in E-gate) Hehehe....very funny situation:D
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, sometimes restaurants are really particular with that. Just hope it didn't spoil your mood! :)

    Btw, why'd they give you Oreo bars? I've never heard or seen of it.

    I like their tomyam very much, though it might be a little expensive. Their spaghetti is good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sugarbean, nah, it didn't spoil our mood! In fact, it was kinda fun as we went hunting for the classroom and had a great laugh over our sneaky attitudes!!:D

    We were also wondering about those Oreo bars:p
    And yea, I liked their tomyam too!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Seriously, I don't like the food at Secret Recipe, but the cakes is nice. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicholas, I am not really sure about their food either...I think it's okay:)
    But I personally don't like cakes, so no comment:D
    But I do know lots of ppl who love their cakes:)

    ReplyDelete