Monday, September 03, 2007

Steamboat with Family

Dinner on Merdeka Eve, I spent quality time with my parents and we went for steamboat (again!) haha....:p
We went to this Pulau Ketam Steamboat at the Kompleks Desa; used to be quite cheap and good last time...it was only RM11 per pax that time...cheap right?
It was pretty popular back then too!!
Anyway, we have only been there once and somehow we went there again the other day for dinner....:D
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
There used to be Fajar supermarket here; that's why there was a huge crowd patronizing this steamboat; however, I noticed a decline in their business after Fajar closed down.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Anyway, contrary to the steamboat buffet I had in Penang, this steamboat goes by headcount per order. For instance, you can order for 1 person if you come in pair or 3 for 5 persons, etc...you get the idea.
Since it was only 3 of us and me being a picky gal whose portion does not size up to 1, we ordered the set for 2 pax:p
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

The food....
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
There's dumplings (sui kow), various types of fishballs, fish strips, fried beancurd sheets (foo chuk), fried beancurd (tau kua), beancurd(tau hu), prawns, and vege:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
There's also fried mee (yee mee) and bee hoon and 2 eggs....
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Chilli paste and garlic oil for the soup
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Food on the table:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

They're all in the pot now...
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

They're in HOT Soup ...LOL!
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

I've always loved steamboats....hehe, with fish, fishballs and seafood and LOTS of vege!!! YUMZ....I loved it when Mum makes it at home...some homely and great for family:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

The price has rose to RM13 per person and we find there's too much ajinomoto; all of us felt thirsty after the meal...I even had an upset tummy:(
Quality wise also not as good as my first visit.....maybe it's me PickyEater with my ultra-sensitive self again.....:p

No comments:

Post a Comment