Sunday, March 11, 2012

Vegetarian Roll

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

A family friend; a retired teacher, who was a friend of my MIL, made this at home during her free time and shared it with her friends during the festive season.
She was a vegetarian herself, and she enjoys creating her own vegetarian courses (lucky for us!)

I am no cook myself, and I am sorry that I do not have the recipe to share, but I can only share the lovely photos and the memories of the taste of this wonderfully tasty rolls.

Made of soy and stuffed with mushrooms and vegetables, and also a teeny bit of gluten-based vegetarian mock meat, it is then rolled with fried bean curd sheets to create the cylindrical shape.
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
It was not too oily, despite it being deep fried before serving and though I seldom say this, it was best taken when it is hot from the kitchen.
The rolls also emitted a rather fragrant and aromatic scent of soy and mushrooms when one bites into the juicy part of the roll.

Although I do love homemade stuffs, I do wish she would sell it so that we can have it once in a while when we crave for it, get what I mean?
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Let's just hope she decided to get her creative juices flowing again, and she will make this another time, or just invent another new recipe:)

5 comments:

  1. Now that is an original recipe; looks good.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish she would sell it too. My chosen food - vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, yeah, it's really good, and even better with chili sauce :D (Make it a good chili sauce too!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Yum List, exactly my sentiments!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aarthi, I do hope one of you bloggers know how to make this :P

    ReplyDelete