Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lavender Cheese Cake

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

I have to share on this interesting cake which we ordered on our Saturday tea session; which I enjoyed with a close girl friend during our catching up session at Winter Warmers Tea house in Queensbay Mall.
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
(Our chamomile tea set, and the Mixed Fruit tea)

I love this tea house; and it's a lovely thing that they have branches all over Malaysia.
Their English cottage inspired interior design just makes this place so cosy and comfortable; and is always the top on my list whenever it comes to girly catching up sessions. (Okay, maybe not only confined for girls :)
I love places like these, and even my friends say that it is just my style!:)
(I secretly dream of designing my own place like this too!)

I love the fact that Winter Warmers use these dainty tea sets imported from England to serve their tea; all the brownie points for liking them :)

Back to the highlight of the post; the Lavender Cheese Cake which is reputed to be one of their specialty cake.
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
There are three layers in the cake; with the top layer being the cheese, and the second layer is the lavender mousse while the bottom layer is a caramelized and sweetened hard crust of cake.

The unique part is the strong scent of the lavender taste in the cake; it's like the cake was immersed in lavender or something like that.
I was overwhelmed by the strong taste of lavender when I took the first bite, which just came rushing to my taste buds a few seconds after taking the bite.

Turn the plate around, and voila!
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
The whipped cream was served with the cake, and on top of the cream sits the little lavender buds!
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

This is such a lovely cake that the first taste still lingers in my mind...
Besides, I just couldn't get enough photos of this pretty little cake! Pardon the many many photos of this single cake...

23 comments:

  1. wow...sounds scrumptiously tasty...excellent cliks with great presentation..
    happy following you christy..
    check out mine sometime..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cake - I love lavender so much. I wish it was more common. I hope the bottom of the cheesecake was crispy... I always get sad when the cheesecake base is too soft :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks soo good Christy! The cake is beautiful, but I also love seeing the tea sets, how fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lavendar cheesecake looks so delicious Christy! I love the lavendar scent, and I love cheesecake. This combination must be perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is an amazing looking cake--worth all those photos. Lavender can be very strong--for some people it is overpowering---an acquired taste. I bet that this tasted wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so intrigued by the idea of this cake and its many flavoured layers! lavender is always tricky, too much and it smells like detergent haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Triple layer cheesecake, triple the flavour. I have not seen this before

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jay, yeah, looks and tastes that too :)
    Thanks for following mine, and of course, I already have you on my favorites ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charles, yeah, it is indeed a very very beautiful cake, I was pleasantly surprised!:)
    Well, think on the positive side, if it was more common, then we won't find it so special and beautiful anymore, right?;)
    The base was a little in-between; just the right amount of crisp and mildly soft :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeno, yeahhh, the tea sets, are just so heart-warming!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon, it does! I am not a fan of cheesecakes but even I fell in love with the cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, it is rather an unusual and exotic flavored cake!:) It definitely tastes awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shu Han, LOL, I am picturing lavender in the detergent scent...hahaha, not amusing when you think of the cake :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three-Cookies, yeah, and I LOVE the presentation of the cake!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous4:25 PM

    That cake is so pretty and unique, I love it! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, The cheesecake looks incredibly good! I have never tried lavender cheesecake before, would love to!
    Thanks for stopping by. Am following you. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Caroline, it is just so pretty....me too, me love it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. kitchen flavours, it is Incredible, I tell you!:)
    My pleasure to visit your lovely blog, and thanks for following me too.
    Have a wonderful day yourself!;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty and elegant! I love lavender in desserts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sara, it is, isn't it? Just so pretty sitting there, like it knows that it's definitely the center of all attention!:D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just the name of this cake makes our mouths water. It looks just delicious! We've enjoyed drooling over every single photo, so no worries there...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cheryl and Adam, your comment makes me laugh!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am intrigued by cooking with lavender in desserts. The cheesecake is very tempting with the fabulous lavender color and decadent filling.

    ReplyDelete