Wednesday, June 01, 2011

My Comfort Food in times of sickness...

When I was suffering from a vicious cycle of food poisoning last week, I was left with limited choices of food and drinks.
Not that it really mattered, since I had really lost my appetite for food, but well, I was still taken care of well by my aunty, who made some hot and steaming homecooked meals for me.

Of course, anything with soup was definitely on the menu as always, and since I just adore fishballs, fishballs they were which came with the hot boiling soup, filled with green leafy vegetables.
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Or on the next day, I got assorted fishballs and seafood stuffs with cabbages and carrots in the hot soup (no pun intended)
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

When I felt slightly better, I was treated to fish fillets cooked with sliced cabbages and carrots which were so tasty that I almost forgot to be sick!:p
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Stir-fried jicuma and carrots, just simply completed the meal all at once!
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Now, with such scrumptious looking and equally delicious tasting food, who would not recover soon enough?:)

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:23 AM

    Yum. Those brothy soups really remind me of all the Filipino soups my mother would feed us when we were sick. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection! I am sure I will get well faster then ever after eating all these great food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soups looks dleicious, hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummychunklet, thanks!!:) You're the first to comment, yeayy!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food Glorious Food, for that, you've got to thank the person who cooked it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swathi, it does work wonders for the upset stomach:) Thanks, and yeah, I'm right back on track now;)

    ReplyDelete