Monday, August 06, 2007

Fish& Co in Gurney Plaza

I was at Gurney Plaza again to catch a movie...haha, last weekend.
This time we planned to watch Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix...the one I reviewed in my Angelstar blog
Anyway, prior to the movie, we had an early lunch and we decided to go to Fish&Co...have been there before 2-3 times but never reviewed this outlet in Gurney Plaza before...:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
I have always liked their checkered and bright yellow and orange combination colours in their outlets:D
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
And me....gosh, wearing a matching outfit...I am not the staff here; neither am I part of the props and settings here lar...:p
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

The nice lighting and the fishy atmosphere in the restaurant due to their decor and interior design:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
There's no one yet...we are early...as usual:D
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Our wooden platter and the fork and hmmmmm.....not knife:p
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Sauces for our food...the chilli sauce and the tartar sauce...
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Shark...hanging on the wall:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

We opted for the plain water since I was having gastric and I remembered that most of the drinks on their menu were gassy and I didn't quite like them much:P
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

And this was my Harry Potter file folder...freebie from GSC upon purchase of our movie tickets; did you guys get this as well?
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Okay, finally to the food, we ordered 1 main and 1 side dish.....to share...since couldn't really eat a lot anyway:p
The first to arrive was the side order....
Grilled Calamari ...RM11.90
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
This was not bad....and really a plateful for ~RM12....
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
We enjoyed the peppery taste...think there was some butter on the bottom....yikes:p
So bad for my stomach but I took the ones on the top; and DearDear also selectively took those and placed them on my plate:)

This was our main....
Teriyaki Salmon...RM23.90....
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
I was craving for teriyaki since the last Jap meal I had and knowing I also like Salmon, DearDear just ordered it...haha, without my 2nd opinion...so hasty!
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
There were 2 pieces....and I was laughing...
Do you think they felt that we were too poor since we can't afford to order 2 mains so they decided to give us 2 pieces so that we won't go hungry?
Haha.....you are too imaginative....but who knows...

LOLz....
Anyway,turns out the salmon was...ughhh!! not nice at all....it doesn't taste like Teriyaki...more like BURNT salmon to me...
I could taste the bitterness of those burnt and charred pieces of the salmon; and seriously, both pieces were burnt at the bottom..so it's practically the whole fillet...UGHS!
So cancerous to eat this...
Total bill came about RM41....and I was telling DearDear, Fish&Co is better known for their Dory and also other fish....definitely not Salmon...

No comments:

Post a Comment