Friday, February 02, 2007

Crab crab with Good Friend

Ooooo...yesterday my FoodBuddy wanted to go for seafood...mainly crabs lar just like my bro's craving the last round...and so, we went to the Teluk Kumbar seafood; the Good Friend place for a feast. (Originally wanted to go to Bukit Tambun but since it was Friday, we pushed off the idea as we recalled that it's gonna be really congested on the way back:p)
I still liked the scenic view of the place...
Boats bobbing up and down while being tied to the shore still fascinates me:p
And this is the place; a shack of a restaurant....
My barley drink...the waitress(a young gal) told us there were no barley...only plain barley water but we told her the last round the lady boss told us there were barley....
So, I got my barley...though not a lot...and it was extremely sweet!!~ Yikes!
Our first dish....the Bamboo clams with spring onions and ginger.....
Not bad; somehow the bamboo clams here are short and horizontally wider compared to those we have in KL (southern side)
Our green...the Stir fried Mixed Vegetables with Seafood (mainly fishballs, shrimps, squids)
Oklar...a little on the small portion serving
Our Teppanyaki Prawns...haha, actually Sweet and Sour Prawns on the hot plate lar....somehow the word teppanyaki comes into mind when I see the hot plate:p
*Originally FoodBuddy wanted to order Steamed Prawns with Chinese wine but I asked and they mentioned Hot Plate, so I requested to change....PickyEater is always fascinated with food on hot plates/claypots....sorry ya, FoodBuddy!!*
Big prawns...juicy and succulent....nice!! Yummmzzz
And the main highlight...the Crab....Sweet and Sour Crabs....
haha....we had 2 dishes cooked this way...that's why the lady boss recommended us to go for the ginger version for the clams...according to FoodBuddy when he went to add on the dish....
Gravy was a little diluted but still okay lar...the crabs were quite fresh....
There were more than 2 claws...usually the favourite portion (as in chicken drumsticks)....and I was wondering why were there more than 2 when we only ordered 2 crabs?:p
Then FoodBuddy started telling me about how they killed the crabs....YIKES!!!
SHould I stop eating crabs as well ar?
Somehow we ordered more since FoodBuddy had this sudden fetish for seafood galore...
And PickyEater enjoyed her meal..reminds me of those seafood feasts with my family...*sobs*
A little full last night as well.....
And the total bill was RM54...not too pricey hor...
The list:
Crab - RM24.50 (quite reasonable compared to other places)
Prawns - RM16
Vege - RM6
Bamboo Clams - RM6

No comments:

Post a Comment