Monday, December 19, 2011

Look Mummy, I cooked soup!~

You know when the mother is away from home, when you have to check the fridge for what's left and make something out of it.
For someone like me, who's never really cooked in her whole entire life, the only thing that came to my mind is, SOUP.

Yeah, Soup is synonymous to Simple, Off the fridge, Useful, and Plentiful or even Pot works :)
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
That's what I made, with the help of my hubby who cuts the vegetables and takes the pot off the stove

Dump the vegetables after cutting them, ALL of them into a pot of boiling water and just let it boil!
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

My favorite vegetables for soup has got to be cabbage, Napa cabbage, and Chinese cabbage!
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

I cannot do without my favorite squid balls and chikuma (the long seafood thingy with the brown ring)
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Sometimes I throw in carrots, anchovies, wolfberries, a pinch of salt (yes, I've learnt the measurement for a pinch!:), and sprinkle some pepper over it.
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

I am thinking of tomatoes, sweet corn and maybe onions the next round, what do you think?
My mummy is going to be so proud of me :D

17 comments:

  1. Go soup! Soup is just so comforting and when you get the right ingredients together, it just tastes fabulous! Love the soup, I second the sweet corn soup next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what that ingredient was with the brown ring - never heard of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, thanks for the vote!!:) I will get down to it, I am on the hunt for the sweet and yellow corns next!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three-cookies, it's some sort of a seafood paste and it kinda tastes like squid balls as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love squidballs in Chinese soup broth too! I don't know what wolfberries are but that sounds very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of chikuma. Looks intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:34 PM

    Great job with the soup. I was wondering what those white pieces were with the brown ring. Never heard of it before--interesting! I'm sure your mom will be very proud. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you can make a delicious soup, I have a feeling you'll be whipping up more dishes in time :) Can't wait to see what you try next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Xinmei, wolfberries are "Kei Chi" in Chinese, typically used in herbal soups and such :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melanie, chikuma is one of my favorite seafood items for steamboat...yummy!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caroline, hehehe, yeah, they are chikuma and they are my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lizzy, I am way behind greater cooks like you..I will need to learn from you guys :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at that gorgeous cabbage - good girl making soup! Your mom is no doubt smiling on you...I'll have to try chikuma at some point; looks so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christy, your soup looks delicious...very comforting.
    Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love making soup out of whatever's in my kitchen! This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love squid balls and I totally enjoyed them while I was in Taiwan. :-) This simple soup looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great amount of cabbage, the soup must be very sweet.

    Taste...iest
    ✿ 食情画意 ✿

    ReplyDelete