Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy Duanwu Jie (Dumpling Festival)~


In conjunction with the recent Duanwu Jie (Dumpling Festival) which falls on the 5th day of the 5th month of the Chinese Lunar calendar, it is a festival dedicated to the story of a scholar and also the feast of dumplings.
At the same time, there is also the Dragon Boat Race festival taking place as well.
I have written about the origins and all there is to know about the festival last year in my blog; read it here 

How did you celebrate the festival?
Did you enjoy loads of dumplings, and got yourselves stuffed with the sticky glutinous rice?

Just want to take a short break to wish all my readers a very Happy Dumpling Festival, and I will be back with more updates and delicious photos...of course!~
Stay tune!

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

2 comments:

  1. Happy Dumpling Festival! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only recently discovered these sticky rice gems. Cant wait to try some more. :-)

    ReplyDelete