Monday, June 02, 2008

Lunch @ Kim Gary, The Curve

We are getting endless list of Hongkie food outlets here in Malaysia; and they are sprouting like mushrooms everywhere. Probably due to the affordable prices and also the easy and convenient bites for light and yet filling food anywhere.

Kim Gary was one of the more popular Hongkie outlets here in Malaysia; and they even had Bosco Wong to endorse their brand.
One of their outlets is located in The Curve; and it was really crowded with shoppers on weekends; from 11am onwards. Most of the people will choose to have their "brunch" at this time as well.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

They placed importance in hygiene; judging from the way they organize their utensils in the plastic case.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

They do offer set lunches at an affordable price of RM11.90; inclusive of a soup for starters, main, and a drink.
Their tomato soup was one of the favorites among most patrons and I find that they usually serve this as well.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

For drinks, there is a limited choice; between Milk tea, tea and iced lemon tea (if I am not mistaken).
Of course, milk tea is to be sampled upon when you dine in a Hongkie Char Chan Teng.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

There is also a wide range of drinks offered on the menu but my favorite will have to be the Lemon with Aloe Vera drink.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
It was just a great combination; and really soothing for the throat:)

The main in the set; Spaghetti with Fish fillets in cream sauce. You can opt for either rice or spaghetti serving.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

For side order, this is one of my favorite; Fish fillets with sweet corn (RM7.50); it used to be only RM6.90.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Guess when price of rice increased; everything just followed.

As I have mentioned; there is such a wide range of beverages and desserts.
Somehow I noticed that Taiwanese and Hongkies love snowies.
There is a list of fruity snowies; and this is the red bean snowy.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
There was a tangy taste that I couldn't describe; but it's definitely not coconut milk.
It tasted like pop soda or something.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Anyway, I really enjoyed this as dessert; cooling and just my favorite; iced red bean!:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

I got a discount voucher which entitled me for 20% off my next visit;)

2 comments:

  1. never like kim gary... perhaps i dont like hong kong food... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am Desmond from food.malaysiamosywanted.com

    I would like to invite you to join our food project. If you are interested, do contact me at info[at]malaysiamostwanted(dot)com so that I could update you with more detail :)

    ReplyDelete