Thursday, October 25, 2007

Soy Bean Custard

Have you ever tried Tau Fu Fa with brown sugar instead of the conventional white version?
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
I never did and Mummy was always telling me how nice and fragrant it will be and that it was quite common in Penang.
So once, I just gave it a shot and it was not bad:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Fragrant with the light scent of brown sugar and also thicker in taste but not overwhelming:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Whatever it is, I am a fan of Tau Fu Fa...white or brown!:D

8 comments:

  1. That looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly! It is...this is one thing that I eat and do like:D
    Take it from the pickyeater:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm another big fan of tau fu fa. I like tau fu fa in brown sugar as well. Love it any way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, where can I find this best tau fu fa in penang island??

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, i have always liked tau foo fah with black sugar. used to get my fix fr gurney drive when i was younger. is ur mom fr penang too? cos i'm fr the pearl of the orient too hehe;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. sugarbean, i can't agree more!!:D Tau Fu Fa rulezz!!;)

    new kid, this tau fu fa was from KL...and in Penang, I haven't found my BEST tau fu fa yet....do you have any to recommend?:D

    jun, YEAH!! My Mum's from Penang...haha, and she always prides on the food here that it's always so much better than anywhere...:p

    ReplyDelete
  7. not that i know off also.... i know ipoh has la.... very fine and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my brother know gurney which stall got nice tau fu fa,i should ask him. brown sugar is sweeter one right?

    ReplyDelete