Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sugar Dynasty

After our movie, DearDear brought me to Nagore Road for a high-tea...haha...nolar, just some desserts on that hot day:)
We have seen this place a couple of times and I was particularly taken by the name of the place...Sugar Dynasty...in Chinese,it's Tang Zhau...dubious sound of either Tang Dynasty or Sugar Dynasty:) (Of course, the word will reveal which it is)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
In fact, even one of my colleagues recommended this place which was famous for their creative Tong Yuen soups:D (Should bring Mum here one day:)

The interior decor...
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Pictures of the desserts posted on the wall
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Newspaper clippings of the cafe featured in Chinese newspapers...pretty famous place....
Their slogan...Tien Er Pu Mi..(Translated as Sweet but yet not sickening)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

The menu
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

DearDear ordered this despite my protest; Double Boiled Harsmar with Red Dates and Ginseng....RM5.90
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
I thought it is for himself....mana tau, he insisted I drink it...saying it's good for ladies...haha:D
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Not too sweet and a very pleasant scent of ginseng:) Just like Mum's...and there's tiny slices of ginseng....Yumzzzz......
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
The bowl of harsmar with ginseng:D
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

This is mine....Ice Blended Strawberry with Lemon..Rm2.80
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
The lady claimed it was fresh strawberries...I don't think so...too sweet
Then DearDear mentioned they could be preserved strawberries....ughs!

DearDear wanted to try out their Tong Yuen and ordered this; the one with Chrysanthemum soup....
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
He ordered the one without filling..just plain rice balls
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
DearDear said it was not bad; pleasant taste and scent...not sickening at all:)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
I didn't try out the Tong Yuen...No.1, I don't really like Tong Yuen...
No.2, I can't take them anyway without causing gastric each time...so I stay away from Glutinous stuffs:p
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
RM3.50 per bowl I think....not bad wor...
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Promotions on Saturday and Sundays...ooo..and also Fridays...basically weekends lar...there's 10%
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

Hot Hot Day!!
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:16 PM

    Hi all, I've been to this place many times since the opening on 2006.

    The dessert there is nice and maybe i'm the frequent visitor they have already know my taste.

    Things there are not sweet to me but i guess if u cant take sweet then tell them first lor.

    Btw, they are having some Mother's day promotion only on may10-11 for their birdnest dessert and other.

    I'll definately take my mum there for the celebration and pamper her with the birdnest dessert.

    Its worth it when the promotion will free u 1 hasma dessert if u bought any 2 birdnest dessert.

    Sound good, i will get the free one.

    Cheers....hope to see all the mummy's daughther there on this week.

    ReplyDelete