Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Chatterbox

The other day, after our meeting, my colleague and I decided to stop by 1 Utama for lunch as he was craving for some "Char Chan Teng" food.

He led me to The Chatterbox; located on the Ground floor in the Rainforest section.
It was not too bad of a crowd and we seated ourselves shortly.
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
I wonder why all the waiters/waitresses in Hongkie restaurants are always dressed in black uniforms?
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

He ordered the Rice with Pork (RM10.80)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
He was puzzled when I started snapping pics ( I was kinda shy at first); and he chuckled when he heard of my reason:p (for my blog)

My Mixed Fruit with grass jelly (RM5.90)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Not bad, a mixture of canned fruits:)

His mixed drink...YinYong (a signature drink in most Hongkie restaurants)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com

My seafood udon (RM12.80)
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Big bowl...the fish was nice...but I still find this bowl rather unmanageable by myself:p
Hosted by RockYouPhotos.com
Not a bad place; I found it offering more variety of seafood stuffs compared to Kim Gary's or Wong Kok (I mean for me in particular since I am only a seafood-vege kinda gal)

9 comments:

  1. hahahah not bad right! looks so deliciouis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like their special tofu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, didn't notice this outlet in 1U.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zomg...another new restaurant in 1utama ><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:07 AM

    I wouldn't mind helping you with the bowl of seafood udon... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first time hearing of this outlet in 1U...

    Btw I still like Wong Kok for the fact that you get a HUGE glass of tea when its your birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wad noodles is tat?! i'm hell sick!!! sob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have not tried this place before...looks like I should :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. bbo, haha....not bad :D

    simon, really? Maybe I should try that next time....I love tofu too:)

    nkob, ooo...it's on the ground floor...i also never did know this place until my colleague brought me there:)

    jeromefo, don't think it's new anymore...just unexplored by floggers:)

    kenny, I should have saved you most of it!!:)

    ethan, same here! Just found out about it...and I didn't know abt Wong Kok's special treatment for birthdays:p Any other drinks for selection besides tea?:p

    yammylicious, that's handmade egg noodles (udon)...you like it?

    wmw, you should if you like Hongkie food:)

    ReplyDelete